Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Savior

New Writing Journal Entry:

A Savior - Me

(If I put something in my journal that I wrote myself, most likely I will post the entire thing on here. Just wrote this one...still kinda rough. Also, I dont know how many people will actually read this, or how many of you will have read my writing before, so i just want to clarify something. Sometimes I write about myself, sometimes I write about other people, sometimes I take a general emotion and exemplify it, and sometimes I just write whatever pops into my head. So although some of what I write may be quite literal, do not take everything I write literally.)


Lay down her head she does at every day's end
Cheeks wet with sorrow for the coming morrow.
No more does she notice the absence of light;
Pain has become the beat of her drum.
Moon waxing and waning, stars soar past her eyes;
Fate, planned so well, has left only shell.
Long gone is the time she'd have put up a fight;
In a ball curled, shes dead to the world.

Could heavens above have decided to send
To her a savior whose will is to save her?
Is there a chance that she someday again might
Be heard to laugh, or be more than half
Of the person that she once was before the lies?
Please, be it true that he sees her too.
A best friend -- a lover, who'll do by her right;
Lord, let it be! Let him set her free.

No comments: