Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Journal

Ok...so now for my first real post. Yay!

I was at barnes and noble the other day and i was thinking...I really need something to keep me occupied, other than spending hours brainlessly watching TV! So as I was browsing the shelves, not finding any books that struck me as particularly interesting, I came along the section of journals. Books filled with blank pages, just waiting for you to fill them -- what more could you ask for? I found a really pretty one, too! Its leather, light blue with white flowers, and the leather part closes over it and snaps onto itself in the front. It also has a pencil holder. :-) So now my big decision was whether or not I should buy said journal. I would have to think of something I could use it for. I have never been able to keep myself interested enough to actually handwrite in a journal daily, so I came up with a brilliant idea! I decided to start on an assignment for a class that im technically not even taking yet(lol). I have to fill up an entire journal with any form of literature I want. I can quote favorite authors, poets, or philosophers; I can copy entire works; I can write my own prose or poetry -- the possibilities are endless! So, my new hobby has become finding and copying down my favorite poems, and writing new ones myself. I dont know if this will seem interesting to anyone other than myself, but I will keep an updated list on here with my newest additions.

So far...

The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost
Sonnet 116- Shakespeare
The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe

No comments: